Thursday, October 9, 2014

Precious... Comin' Back At Ya, Girl!




Grettings All!
      Precious is the name of one of my two horses. She is mother to my other horse, and since the only other animal in the pasture is a pony sized donkey, (I love him oodles!) Preci is like totally the leader of the herd. Queen Commander. Head Poncho. Whatever. She RULES. (At least she used to...) the tides..are about to change..

BACK STORY: We bought Precious after my first pony died. She was a tall, spunky, Appaloosa who hadn't been ridden for a few years, but the thing that was really exciting was that she was pregnant! Now about her lack of being ridden: I actually rode her after we were pretty sure we wanted to buy her, and she side stepped a bit, but then after the man there put some weight on the saddle, she just kinda quit side stopping and let me get on. After we got her home we tacked her up several times and rode her around a small pen. Mom lead my brother around, my sister never rode I think, but she let me ride by myself! I even trot a bit, poor Precious.
    After this I started going to riding lessons and learned that my form was terrible. I was constantly in her mouth with the bit, and bumped and thumped along on her back. To add another thing to it all, of course she was pregnant too. When Preci threw me she didn't want to be forgotten, or left, but honestly, that's kind of what happened.
   Carmel was born and he drew me back to the field like never before, but not to his mama. Carmel grew and grew, and finally I'm going to start working with Preci too. It's time! It has been too long. So I'm going to work with my spunk and hard headed, but love hungry horse, who wants my love again. I've got a feeling it's going to be worth it.
                                
      I probably owe this mostly to a horse show we went to recently. Want something to convince you to strive to get ahold of a possibility in your grasp? Yeah, go to a place where about 100 girls are doing what your neglecting. You come back with a little more perseverance to set aside those excuses and just give it a shot! Something is telling me it'll be worth it someday.

       So Lord willing I'm going to try to get back on, and train toward it! You know there are lots of people out there who want a horse but have none, so I'm not going to neglect this anymore! And I really do love my spotted horsie.


       In Christ,
                           Julia n Precious

3 comments:

  1. Awh, keep working at it, Julia, I know you can do it!! Love your sweet posts =) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jesso!! I'll try. <3 Jesus loves
      JL

      Delete
  2. Your horses are so pretty! I love horses! I wanted to tell you I nominated you for an photography tag. I thought you would like doing that! Totally fine if you can't find the time to do it! Keep up the awesome blogging!
    ~Ellie;P
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete