Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 2: Carmel's 1st Halter

Hiya!
   
   My 13th birthday was yesterday, and I got totally awesome gifts! I got a carving knife, a small cross stitch of a hedgehog, paintbrushes, a total art kit, hairbands, headbands, 3 tee shirts from tractor supply, saying, " My heart belongs to a horse," , " Faith, Family, Farm," and, "Live, Love, Ride!" But the best of all that I got was a 10ft lead rope, and.. A colt halter! It works! Carmel is doing great! And it's blue, just like Precious', so they match! I'm working on leading him, and we still need a bit more practice before it makes perfect! But he is really calm! Grandma and mom told me that the lady that talked to them at the store said that an easy way to teach them to learn to stop at pressure was to hook the lead rope on them and let them run. When they step on it, the rope will yank and force their head down, making them stop running. Eventually they will learn to stop at pressure. Then you can lead them.
  That sounds really harsh, and no a good idea to me... What do other people think? I wouldn't be so sure it's a good idea.. what if they got hurt??

      Yours Truly, Julia C.

No comments:

Post a Comment