Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 1: The Glories Of Horsehood!

Hello!
 
  This blog is going to be full of horses! And to start, I shall name my own blessings! Precious is my 8 year old appaloosa mare, who we have had since March 2013.

   Precious: We got her right after my very own pony died. :( Cloud was a real old horse, and she was around 38 when she slipped into eternity, and when God gave me a horse in heaven.   Following Cloud's death, we started looking for a horse right away, and God lead us to Precious, a strong willed, thick built, top-o-the-herd, PREGNANT mare! I was so excited I almost forgot to be heartbroken over my first horse's departure from this world. Well, we bought her! Plus, she came tamed to ride, came with a bridle, saddle, and saddle pad, plus we got to keep the foal, they also said if we ever want her bred again, we could simply run her up there and they could keep her with her stallion, a registered pure breed! Long story short, I couldn't ride very well, Precious threw me with a few bucks, and had her foal safely, and to this day is the best mama horse I've ever seen!

Carmel: Carmel was born 8-21-13, and is currently 2 months old and undergoing training from me! I love him so much! We will get him gelded in April next year, so until then, I'm working with a stud colt! Carmi's full name is Carmel Apple. He is light chestnut all over, except a white sock, white blaze, and a dark orange/turning black stripe down his back! He will probably be bigger than his mama when he's grown! P.S. please pray I won't skip an important step in preparing this fine colt into a life teeming with orders, obedience, and friendship with humans, so he will understand how to cooperate correctly!

                     In Christ, Julia Lynn! <3  

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe Caramel was only two mo. back then! Wow! That seems so long ago! I still love my lil stud colt with all my heart! Caramel is 7 mo. next week. So big! I will be reading this a long time from now and go, "Carmel? 7 mo.? big? He is like 2 now!" Wow... that will be a long time till ill say that! tehehe!
    In Chirst, Julia Lynn of 2014

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia Lynn of 2014! It is still 2014 for me now, but guess how old Carmel is? ;) 11 mo. old. yea. wowowowowowowowowowwow is what I'm saying! and yikes he needs work. :( I need to go out there and train him! Carmel is getting very big!!!!
    In Christ's love, Julia C.

    ReplyDelete